CIA Director John Brennan said he thinks ISIS has other missions planned after Friday’s deadly attack in Paris.
Speaking at a Center for Strategic & International Studies forum Monday, Brennan called ISIS “an organization of murderous sociopaths” and said of the Paris attack, “I certainly would not consider it a one-off event. It is clear to me that ISIS has an external agenda and that they are determined to carry out these types of attacks.”
Brennan continued, “I would anticipate that this is not the only operation ISIL has in the pipeline,” using an alternative acronym for the terrorist group.
“It was not a surprise this attack was carried out,” Brennan said. “We had strategic warning. We knew that planning by ISIL was underway.”
Coordinated attacks by ISIS in Paris Friday killed at least 129 people.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer