One Direction’s Liam Payne made it clear that he was a huge Potterhead when he celebrated his birthday in August with a Hogwarts-themed party complete with spell book cake.
Now, the 22-year-old singer has revealed that his love for the wizarding world goes even further than a Harry Potter soirée. During Nick Grimshaw’s Radio 1 Breakfast Show on Monday morning, Payne confessed that he had purchased one of the cars used as the Weasley family’s flying Ford Anglia during the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
“I bought the Harry Potter car and I put it in my garden. You know the blue car, the flying one?,” he said. “I bought one because I’m a bit of a geek.”
Payne also announced that he had been sorted into the same Hogwarts house as Harry Potter himself, according to the Belfast Telegraph. “I did the test on the website. My friend got Hufflepuff and I got Gryffindor. He was so annoyed,” he said.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science