Mourners in the Place de la République, the plaza in Paris near much of the violence that occurred Friday night, were dispersed by police with drawn guns on Sunday after hearing what police believe were firecrackers that scared the crowd.
Hundreds of Parisians had come to pay respects to the victims of the terrorist attacks when the popping noises began on Sunday, sending people running and screaming in a panic. Panic also broke out at the nearby Cambodian restaurant where an attack had taken place on Friday, and police with drawn guns were seen there as well.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears