Police in Belgium detained a man Sunday who allegedly rented a car used to facilitate a part of the attacks that killed 129 people in Paris this week, according to CNN.
The stop occurred at the Molenbeek neighborhood in Brussels and police found three Kalashnikov Assault Rifles in the vehicle. The vehicle, a Belgian rental car, had been used in the attack on the Bataclan Concert Hall on Friday that killed 89 people.
Police had previously identified another car used at the concert hall. That car had also been rented in Belgium, police said. Seven people were detained in raids that occurred in the country.
Thousands of troops have been deployed across the country France, and authorities are on the hunt for a possible eighth suspect who survived the attacks.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer