Saturday Night Live knows when to play it straight, and this weekend, the NBC show started on a serious note with a cold open by Cecily Strong.
“Paris is the city of light, and here in New York City, we know that light will never go out,” she said a night after the deadly Paris terrorist attacks. “Our love and support is with everyone there tonight. We stand with you.”
Strong then repeated the same message in French, before kicking off the show as usual: “And now, live from New York, it’s Saturday night.”
Watch it above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time