Presidential candidate Martin O’ Malley called Donald Trump an “immigrant-bashing carnival barker” at Saturday night’s Democratic debate, criticizing the GOP candidate’s stance on immigration.
The former Maryland governor noted that net immigration from Mexico last year was zero, after drawing a distinction between border security and a comprehensive immigration policy.
“We’ve actually been focusing on border security to the exclusion of talking about comprehensive immigration reform,” said O’ Malley.
Trump responded in a tweet during the debate.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time