The NFL plans to increase security at football stadiums this weekend in the wake of the terror attacks in Paris, which included a suicide bomber attempting to enter a soccer stadium during a game.
The NFL added in a statement that there is no indication American stadiums are in danger.
“Following the events in Paris on Friday, we are closely monitoring events and have been in communication with the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI, which have informed us that there are no known threats against NFL stadiums,” the league said in a statement Saturday.
The NFL nonetheless plans to increase security and police presence inside and outside stadiums, including parking lots. The league also encouraged fans to not bring bags into stadiums.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time