An American college student is reportedly among the 129 confirmed victims of Friday’s terror attacks in Paris.
Nohemi Gonzalez was a student at California State University Long Beach who was studying at the Strate School of Design in Paris through an exchange program, the Los Angeles Times reports. Michael LaForte, a lecturer at Cal State Long Beach, posted a message on Facebook memorializing Gonzalez.
“Yesterday, one of our students and a dear friend to many classmates, Nohemi Gonzalez, was senselessly murdered by ISIS cowards in Paris,” he wrote. “Our hearts are with her close friends and family.”
At least eight attackers struck Paris Friday evening in six separate locations across the city. Authorities continued to investigate on Saturday.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer