An American college student is reportedly among the 129 confirmed victims of Friday’s terror attacks in Paris.
Nohemi Gonzalez was a student at California State University Long Beach who was studying at the Strate School of Design in Paris through an exchange program, the Los Angeles Times reports. Michael LaForte, a lecturer at Cal State Long Beach, posted a message on Facebook memorializing Gonzalez.
“Yesterday, one of our students and a dear friend to many classmates, Nohemi Gonzalez, was senselessly murdered by ISIS cowards in Paris,” he wrote. “Our hearts are with her close friends and family.”
At least eight attackers struck Paris Friday evening in six separate locations across the city. Authorities continued to investigate on Saturday.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List