As violence erupted across Paris on Friday evening, leaving dozens of people dead, two explosions were heard at the Stade de France stadium, where France and Germany were playing a soccer game.
The explosions were “loud enough to penetrate the sounds of cheering fans,” the Associated Press reports, but the game continued after the blasts were heard, even as French President Francois Hollande was evacuated.
A Financial Times tweeted from the game:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve