Campbell Soup said on Thursday it will recall 355,000 cans of SpaghettiOs, citing a “potential” choking hazard posed by pieces of red plastic in a few cans.
The plastic is from parts of the can lining that can peel away, Campbell said. The 14.2 ounce SpaghettiOs Original cans in questions are dated Feb. 22, 2017, and have a UPC code of 51000 22432 printed under the bar code. (See photo above.)
“This product should not be eaten. People who have bought the affected product should return it to the store where it was purchased for an exchange or full refund,” Campbell said.
The company, apologizing, said customers could call 1-866-535-3774 between 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST, Monday to Friday or visit Facebook.com/SpaghettiOs.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time