An independent vendor was photographed Friday selling buttons with sexist attacks against Hillary Clinton at the Florida Republican Party’s Sunshine Summit.
The button reads: “KFC Hillary Special: 2 Fat Thighs, 2 Small Breasts” and, presumably, one “Left Wing.” Independent Journal reporter Joe Perticone posted a photo of the button to Twitter Friday morning, drawing responses from offended commenters.
The buttons quickly drew criticism on Twitter:
Perticone posted that the buttons were for sale between booths for candidates Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. The vendor does not work for the party or any of the candidates. Such buttons are not uncommon fare at similar functions.
The two-day Sunshine Summit around GOP candidates and Florida officials began officially on Friday morning.
With reporting from Zeke Miller in Florida.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer