Get used to calling David Hasselhoff by another name.
The actor is claiming that he changed his name to David Hoff, shortening the former moniker we all know so well. However, it’s unclear how serious he is about an official name change.
“I’ve been wanting to drop the Hassel from my life for years. Now, I have made it official – David Hoff,” the 63-year-old says in a straight to the point video shared on his YouTube page.
In case you don’t follow him on YouTube, Hoff made sure to tweet the news, teasing fans with an open-ended message that linked to the video.
“Big news today and a massive relief for me,” he wrote. “I hope everyone can understand…it feels great!”
Fortunately, since many fans already refer to him as “The Hoff,” adjustments should be easy!
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org