The Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS, also written ISIL) purportedly released a graphic video and audio statement threatening an attack on Russia on Thursday, CNN reports.
The video is titled Soon Very Soon the Blood Will Spill Like an Ocean and carries the watermark for ISIS’ propaganda center, Al Hayat.
The authenticity of the video has yet to be verified but CNN says it was posted on known ISIS social media accounts.
“I’m sure this material will be subject of scrutiny by our special services,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to CNN.
The U.S. and U.K. have since said that the plane likely was brought down by a bomb.
Russia has been carrying out a sustained air bombing campaign in Syria to help Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces defeat ISIS and other rebel targets.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization