The Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS, also written ISIL) purportedly released a graphic video and audio statement threatening an attack on Russia on Thursday, CNN reports.
The video is titled Soon Very Soon the Blood Will Spill Like an Ocean and carries the watermark for ISIS’ propaganda center, Al Hayat.
The authenticity of the video has yet to be verified but CNN says it was posted on known ISIS social media accounts.
“I’m sure this material will be subject of scrutiny by our special services,” Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told reporters, according to CNN.
The U.S. and U.K. have since said that the plane likely was brought down by a bomb.
Russia has been carrying out a sustained air bombing campaign in Syria to help Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s forces defeat ISIS and other rebel targets.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023