Swedish-American trio Miike Snow is best known for crafting slick electro-pop tunes—this group contains the guys who produced Britney Spears’ “Toxic,” after all—but they’re throwing that resume out the window on their new single. Instead of opening with pulsing synthesizers as they did on their breakthrough track “Animal,” “Heart Is Full” opens with a vintage soul sample that pumps along the entire track. It’s a little bit of jarring comeback after three years without any new music from the band, but you’ll get over that once you see the song’s accompanying video, which is sort of like if the video for the aforementioned “Toxic” met Mad Max: Fury Road.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Nolan Feeney at email@example.com