A new song has taken the crown of most-streamed Spotify track. “Lean On,” by Major Lazer, DJ Snake and MØ, has now taken the title with 526 million global plays, eclipsing “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran, according to Billboard.
Spotify’s most-streamed songs are heavily biased towards newer works because the service is still growing rapidly and has a youthful audience which devours currently popular tracks. The fastest-streamed album crown, for instance, changed hands twice this year. Drake’s If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late racked up 6.8 million streams in its first day, a record that was outpaced by Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly two months later with 9.6 million streams in a single day.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy