A new song has taken the crown of most-streamed Spotify track. “Lean On,” by Major Lazer, DJ Snake and MØ, has now taken the title with 526 million global plays, eclipsing “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran, according to Billboard.
Spotify’s most-streamed songs are heavily biased towards newer works because the service is still growing rapidly and has a youthful audience which devours currently popular tracks. The fastest-streamed album crown, for instance, changed hands twice this year. Drake’s If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late racked up 6.8 million streams in its first day, a record that was outpaced by Kendrick Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly two months later with 9.6 million streams in a single day.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears