George Clooney donated to a good cause during a visit to a sandwich shop in Edinburgh.
Clooney went to Social Bite Thursday morning, a cafe in the city that donates all its profits to charity and offers a program where customers can buy a warm beverage or food for a homeless person, the Guardian reports.
“I like what they’re doing, I think it’s a very important cause,” Clooney said. “I think the idea that we can all participate in everyone’s difficulties is really important.” BBC reports that Clooney donated $1,000 (about £650) to the cafe.
The actor was invited to visit by the cafe’s founder, who established the Scottish Business awards, which Clooney will speak at Thursday night.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating