George Clooney donated to a good cause during a visit to a sandwich shop in Edinburgh.
Clooney went to Social Bite Thursday morning, a cafe in the city that donates all its profits to charity and offers a program where customers can buy a warm beverage or food for a homeless person, the Guardian reports.
“I like what they’re doing, I think it’s a very important cause,” Clooney said. “I think the idea that we can all participate in everyone’s difficulties is really important.” BBC reports that Clooney donated $1,000 (about £650) to the cafe.
The actor was invited to visit by the cafe’s founder, who established the Scottish Business awards, which Clooney will speak at Thursday night.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time