Those catchy, Bollywood-inspired beats on “Lean On” earned Major Lazer and DJ Snake the honor of Spotify’s most streamed song of all time. The streaming service announced that the dance hit received more than 526 million plays worldwide since its March 1 release.
The song surpassed Ed Sheeren’s “Thinking Out Loud,” which previously held the record.
“Lean On” hails from Major Lazer and DJ Snake’s Peace Is the Mission album that dropped in June. “This album is a learning process for us — trying to make new things, making new friends and going for a bolder sound,” Major Lazer’s Diplo said in a statement. “The only rule we have is nothing was off limits to make this album.”
The record debuted at No. 12 on Billboard’s Top 200 and currently sits at No. 1 on the electronic/dance albums chart. The group will rerelease Peace Is the Mission with five new tracks on Nov. 27 and head out for a set of an international performances that same day.
Read more: How Diplo Is Making Pop Music Weird
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization