Suspended FIFA president Sepp Blatter has been hospitalized for stress amid a corruption investigation into the governing soccer organization.
“He is now, at this moment, in hospital,” his spokesperson, Klaus Stoehlker, told AFP. “He is preparing to leave on Monday and will be back on the job on Tuesday.”
Doctors told Blatter to take time off from work last week following a stress evaluation, but Stoehlker says the hospitalization won’t deter Blatter from fighting the 90-day suspension FIFA’s ethics committee imposed on him last month. In September, the Swiss attorney general began criminal proceedings against Blatter over alleged financial misconduct, which Blatter has denied.
“His most important message is that he is fully preparing himself to go ahead with his fight against his 90-day suspension,” Stoehlker said. “He is deeply convinced that the ethics commission cannot force him out.”
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism