Some iPhone accessories are more expensive than the device itself. The Dome Crystal edition charging dock, which can charge both the iPhone and the Apple Watch, is one such accessory.
Made with Swarovski crystals, the charging station is priced at $5,000 — a much higher cost than the combined price of both an iPhone and most Apple Watch models (unless you opt to buy the $10,000 Apple Watch Edition).
Defined Corp., the company that sells the extravagant accessory, hired jewelry maker Cindy Pankopf to design the limited edition bejeweled charger. Those looking to splurge can order it through the product’s Kickstarter page, which says the Dome Crystal should ship on Dec. 31.
The dock features a circular base with slots for a Lightning cable and an inductive magnetic charger used to juice up the Apple Watch. The Lightning cable stands upright and can be adjusted, while the Apple Watch charger lies flat within the base. It’s available in black, space grey, silver, gold, and rose gold finishes.
The Crystal edition is just one version of the device. The standard model without gems will sell for a much more modest $99. The rose gold finish will cost slightly more at $129.
Although the Dome Crystal charging dock is pricey, it’s far from being the only costly iPhone accessory. German company GnG once made an 18-karat gold iPhone case that included 200 diamonds and retailed for $108,981, according to CBS News.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization