Certain candidates fared better than others during the fourth Republican debate Tuesday night, but there was one clear winner: Fox Business.
Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee, took to Twitter after the debate to praise Fox Business and jab CNBC, which was roundly criticized for being unfair in the last Republican debate.
It was the comparison Fox Business had hoped for. Neil Cavuto, one of the Fox Business debate moderators, tweeted this during the CNBC debate on October 28:
“What precipitated that little ribbing was we were getting a few tweets from people saying, ‘Why isn’t [the issues of] business coming up? Please tell me, Cavuto, you aren’t going to miss the opportunity to talk about the stuff we thought would come up in this debate,’” Cavuto told Fortune.
Even frontrunner Donald Trump had nothing but nice things to say about Fox Business in the spin room after the debate. “I thought the moderators were elegant,” he said, “I thought the questions were really, really on point, and I really thought it was a great night.”
The Republican candidates took CNBC to task for what they considered “gotcha” questions during the last debate, leading the RNC to back out of a debate with NBC.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World