Ted Cruz really doesn’t like the Department of Commerce.
When the Texas Senator listed the five departments he would cut from the government in Tuesday night’s Republican debate in Milwaukee, he named the Department of Commerce twice.
“It’s easy for everyone to say ‘cut spending, it’s much harder and riskier to say chapter and verse, here are the programs I would cut,” Cruz said. The Texas Senator said he would cut the IRS, the Department of Energy, HUD, the Department of Commerce — and the Department of Commerce again.
So watch out Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker. Ted Cruz has got your number. Both of them.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body