Members of the military and their families will be honored for their service this Wednesday for Veterans Day. Here is a roundup of TIME coverage to guide you through the occasion:
How Veterans Day Came to Be: TIME tracks the history of the holiday and explain how November 11 was almost another holiday completely.
All the Places Veterans Can Eat & Drink Free on Veterans Day: MONEY lists the bars and restaurants where veterans and active-duty military personnel will be treated to free food and drink.
Why There’s No World War I Memorial on the U.S. National Mall: TIME explain why World War I is the only major twentieth-century conflict without a memorial on Washington D.C.’s national mall.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve