The debut trailer for Marvel and Netflix’s Jessica Jones showcased the titular former superhero-turned-private investigator trapped by the ghosts of her past. But in the latest look at the upcoming series, Jessica (Krysten Ritter) is fighting back — with a little help from some whiskey.
The newest trailer for the second Marvel/Netflix outing offers a better look at not just Jessica’s plight, but some of the key figures in it. Mike Colter’s Luke Cage, who will have his own Netflix series, is featured prominently as a bartender and potential hookup for Jessica. David Tennant’s villainous, mind-controlling Kilgrave (or the Purple Man, as his suit would certainly indicate) comes out of the shadows and into the light to taunt Jessica and leaves a trail of bodies in his wake.
The rest of the supporting cast, which includes Carrie-Anne Moss as Jeri Hogarth and Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker, also appear throughout the trailer, the former asking Jessica how she’ll handle a mind-controller while the latter appears to at some point fall under his influence.
But what all of it means will become clear whenJessica Jones premieres on Netflix on Nov. 20.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart