Honest Gil Fulbright is not running for President by pretending to run for president, which is in some ways better than the candidates who are pretending to run for president while actually running for president.
But Honest Gil, a satirical actor created by a campaign finance reform group to expose the ugliness of politics, still makes campaign ads—and funny ones at that.
This one features Gil’s fake wife, whose “practiced smile should tell you all’s well with the Fulbright house,” a line that may hit a bit close to home for some actual candidate wives who have had an actual chance of becoming first lady.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science