The 2015 edition of Starbucks’ annual red holiday cup has some Christians taking to social media to protest the design’s lack of overt Christmas themes.
The cup, which this year features a range of shades of red, does not include any iconography reminiscent of the holiday season, a decision that a vice president for the company called a “more open way to usher in the holidays.”
See the evolution of the red cups over the last seven years below:
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time