Britney Spears is on a brief hiatus from her Las Vegas residency, so you won’t be able to see her perform live again until late next month — but you can still get your Brit-fix in the meantime. A previously unheard studio version of Spears’ “Burning Up” cover surfaced online this week, nearly three years after the pop star performed the Madonna classic on her Femme Fatale tour.
It’s not the first time the pop princess has paid tribute to the queen of the form. Spears collaborated with Madonna on her single “Me Against the Music” in 2003. And while the “Burning Up” demo isn’t exactly new material, it should work to quench fans’ desire until the “Gimme More” singer takes the stage again on April 25.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State