Two more people have filed federal lawsuits against Chipotle after they said they were infected with E. coli in an outbreak linked to the popular Mexican chain in the Pacific Northwest.
The Seattle attorney representing Jessica Ellis of Mount Vernon, Washington, and Chris Collins of Lake Oswego, Oregon, is asking the federal court in Portland to hold Chipotle liable for their illnesses, reported The Associated Press on Friday.
There are at least 41 people on the list of cases spanning two states — 28 in western Washington and 13 in Oregon’s Portland area. The latest case was confirmed in Oregon on Friday.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time