Lin-Manuel Miranda, star of the hip-hop Broadway musical Hamilton appeared Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show on Friday and rapped about rainbows, pancakes, slam dunks and Michael Jordan in a freestyle battle against Black Thought from the band The Roots.
Miranda was on the show to promote Hamilton, a musical with a hip-hop soundtrack that covers the life of American founding father Alexander Hamilton. He took on Black Thought using Fallon’s “Freestyle Generator,” which randomly selects three words for the rapper to drop into a freestyle, such as “pancake” in Miranda’s case.
“I started at the bottom like my man Drake. I flatten it, flour, eggs like a pancake,” Miranda rapped.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart