Lin-Manuel Miranda, star of the hip-hop Broadway musical Hamilton appeared Jimmy Fallon’s Tonight Show on Friday and rapped about rainbows, pancakes, slam dunks and Michael Jordan in a freestyle battle against Black Thought from the band The Roots.
Miranda was on the show to promote Hamilton, a musical with a hip-hop soundtrack that covers the life of American founding father Alexander Hamilton. He took on Black Thought using Fallon’s “Freestyle Generator,” which randomly selects three words for the rapper to drop into a freestyle, such as “pancake” in Miranda’s case.
“I started at the bottom like my man Drake. I flatten it, flour, eggs like a pancake,” Miranda rapped.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org