Fans of “The Witcher” video game series have something to look forward to in 2017: the stories the games are based on will be adapted for the big screen.
The stories, from Andrzej Sapkowski’s collection The Last Wish, focus on hero Geralt the witcher, a superhuman monster hunter. According to Platige Films, the stories will be adapted by screenwriter Thania St. John and directed by Tomasz Bagiński (The Cathedral). The first film is planned for 2017, but it “is planned to be the beginning of a series,” Platige says. Platige will work with the Sean Daniel Company, the folks who brought you The Mummy franchise.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy