To fill up their free time, many 89-year-olds would find a hobby like gardening or knitting. But Chuck Esterly, who lives in Cincinnati with his wife, decided to go a different route: standup comedy.
Esterly recently took the stage at Go Bananas Comedy Club in Cincinnati, where he performed his very first set. Many comedians flounder during their first public appearance, but Esterly was cool, calm and collected. Oh, and he was actually quite funny. The crowd was loving him.
Comedian Mark Chalifoux posted the above clip on YouTube a few weeks ago, but it’s gaining popularity after being posted to Reddit on Thursday. His jokes mostly revolve around his age and his relationship with his family. Enjoy!
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body