To fill up their free time, many 89-year-olds would find a hobby like gardening or knitting. But Chuck Esterly, who lives in Cincinnati with his wife, decided to go a different route: standup comedy.
Esterly recently took the stage at Go Bananas Comedy Club in Cincinnati, where he performed his very first set. Many comedians flounder during their first public appearance, but Esterly was cool, calm and collected. Oh, and he was actually quite funny. The crowd was loving him.
Comedian Mark Chalifoux posted the above clip on YouTube a few weeks ago, but it’s gaining popularity after being posted to Reddit on Thursday. His jokes mostly revolve around his age and his relationship with his family. Enjoy!
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up