For cricket fans, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. For Americans just getting acquainted with the sport, there can be no better introduction than seeing two of the greatest to ever play the game do so on the same team.
India’s Sachin Tendulkar, commonly referred to as the “god of cricket,” drew West Indian legend Brian Lara’s name on Thursday as part of his all-star exhibition team for an upcoming U.S. tour, ESPN Cricinfo reports. The tour aims to raise awareness about the sport in the U.S., and will feature several retired superstars that anyone from cricket-playing countries like India, Bangladesh, Australia, England or South Africa would kill to watch.
Think Babe Ruth and Derek Jeter batting together, or Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo playing on the same soccer team.
“Sachin’s Blasters” will also include several of his illustrious former Indian teammates and international opponents, and will face off against “Warne’s Warriors” — a similarly star-studded team captained by Australian bowling legend Shane Warne — at Citi Field in New York City on Saturday before going on to play two more games in Houston and Los Angeles next week.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk