Tough Mudder races are notorious for their intensity, but the company is now unrolling an option for participants who want something a little less extreme.
According to a press release, in 2016 Tough Mudder will debut Tough Mudder Half, a 5-mile course with more than a dozen obstacles. The original Tough Mudder obstacle courses are 10 or more miles long.
“The development of Tough Mudder Half has been guided by our community from the start,” said Will Dean, CEO of Tough Mudder Inc. “From those yet to run their first Tough Mudder to multi-Mudders eager to bring new friends into the mud, participants and spectators have been asking for a shorter-distance format for years.”
The release gives some hints of what Half racers can expect: “There will be no obstacles including ice, fire, or electricity, but participants will experience plenty of thrills while tackling Tough Mudder favorites including Walk the Plank, a leap from a 12-foot platform into water; Kiss of Mud, a crawl underneath barbed wire; and Everest, a run up a quarter-pipe requiring both speed and teamwork,” it says.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space