The full trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight arrived on Thursday, introducing the film’s title group of scoundrels: The bounty hunter (Samuel L. Jackson), the hangman (Kurt Russell), the Confederate (Bruce Dern), the sheriff (Walton Goggins), the Mexican (Demian Bichir), the little man (Tim Roth), the cow puncher (Michael Madsen), and the prisoner (Jennifer Jason Leigh). (It also may have teased a first glimpse of Channing Tatum’s previously unseen character.)
Set in Wyoming after the Civil War, Tarantino’s eighth feature film hinges on those eight people, all of whom are thrown together when a blizzard strikes. Lies, misdirection, and murder – much of which is teased in the slightly spoiler-filled trailer – follow soon after.
“For me it has more of a Western Iceman Cometh kind of vibe about it,” Tarantino told EW earlier this year. The film also shares some structural DNA withReservoir Dogs, his first feature. “A bunch of guys in a room who can’t trust each other. That wasn’t a marching order when I sat down to write the script, but pretty quickly I realized this is kind of a nice coming-full-circle,” Tarantino said.
Hateful Eight is out in limited release on Christmas Day before a nationwide bow on Jan. 8, 2016.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out