The full trailer for Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight arrived on Thursday, introducing the film’s title group of scoundrels: The bounty hunter (Samuel L. Jackson), the hangman (Kurt Russell), the Confederate (Bruce Dern), the sheriff (Walton Goggins), the Mexican (Demian Bichir), the little man (Tim Roth), the cow puncher (Michael Madsen), and the prisoner (Jennifer Jason Leigh). (It also may have teased a first glimpse of Channing Tatum’s previously unseen character.)
Set in Wyoming after the Civil War, Tarantino’s eighth feature film hinges on those eight people, all of whom are thrown together when a blizzard strikes. Lies, misdirection, and murder – much of which is teased in the slightly spoiler-filled trailer – follow soon after.
“For me it has more of a Western Iceman Cometh kind of vibe about it,” Tarantino told EW earlier this year. The film also shares some structural DNA withReservoir Dogs, his first feature. “A bunch of guys in a room who can’t trust each other. That wasn’t a marching order when I sat down to write the script, but pretty quickly I realized this is kind of a nice coming-full-circle,” Tarantino said.
Hateful Eight is out in limited release on Christmas Day before a nationwide bow on Jan. 8, 2016.
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement