The knife-wielding student who was fatally shot by police following a stabbing rampage at the University of California’s Merced campus was identified Thursday as 18-year-old Faisal Mohammad.
Mohammad was a freshman computer science and engineering major from Santa Clara, a Northern California community in the Bay Area, the Merced County Sheriff’s Office said. A motive for the attack, which wounded four people, was not immediately released.
Shortly before 8 a.m. Wednesday, police said, Mohammad burst through a second-floor room in the Classroom and Office Building and stabbed one student with an 8- to 10-inch blade. A construction worker who overheard the noise…
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror