Star Wars fans across the world are coming up with unique ways to wile away the hours until The Force Awakens opens in theaters on Dec. 18. They are making stormtrooper costumes for their corgis, carving pumpkins into the shape of BB-8, dressing up their family members in Star Wars costumes, practicing riding their hoverboards, making Honest Trailers for the franchise, and more. This 7-year-old Star Wars fan used his time wisely—he learned to play Darth Vader’s theme music on his cello.
Ryan, the tiny cellist featured in the video, is a student at the Suzuki School of Newton, which unfortunately is probably too far away from Imperial space for Darth Vader to hear him or help train his young apprentice. Regardless, the Dark Side’s trademark tune is haunting wherever it’s played.
While it may be unwieldy to tote a cello through the crowded halls of Comic-Con, there’s no doubt that if he did, Ryan would be a giant hit.
Watch the video below:
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body