Star Wars fans across the world are coming up with unique ways to wile away the hours until The Force Awakens opens in theaters on Dec. 18. They are making stormtrooper costumes for their corgis, carving pumpkins into the shape of BB-8, dressing up their family members in Star Wars costumes, practicing riding their hoverboards, making Honest Trailers for the franchise, and more. This 7-year-old Star Wars fan used his time wisely—he learned to play Darth Vader’s theme music on his cello.
Ryan, the tiny cellist featured in the video, is a student at the Suzuki School of Newton, which unfortunately is probably too far away from Imperial space for Darth Vader to hear him or help train his young apprentice. Regardless, the Dark Side’s trademark tune is haunting wherever it’s played.
While it may be unwieldy to tote a cello through the crowded halls of Comic-Con, there’s no doubt that if he did, Ryan would be a giant hit.
Watch the video below:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out