This week, Twitter traded its signature star-shaped “favorite” button for a heart-shaped “like” one. On Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, Stephen Colbert shared his opinions on this change. His opinions, it turns out, are very, very strong.
“Twitter users were heartbroken,” Colbert says solemnly, “or as I still think of it, star-broken.”
He cited Twitter’s blog post, which said the star could be confusing to newcomers. “Yes, the concept that a gold star means good might indeed confuse newcomers… to kindergarten.”
Watch Colbert’s full rant — which features an appearance from his Strangers With Candy co-star Paul Dinello — above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time