This week, Twitter traded its signature star-shaped “favorite” button for a heart-shaped “like” one. On Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show, Stephen Colbert shared his opinions on this change. His opinions, it turns out, are very, very strong.
“Twitter users were heartbroken,” Colbert says solemnly, “or as I still think of it, star-broken.”
He cited Twitter’s blog post, which said the star could be confusing to newcomers. “Yes, the concept that a gold star means good might indeed confuse newcomers… to kindergarten.”
Watch Colbert’s full rant — which features an appearance from his Strangers With Candy co-star Paul Dinello — above.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color