Stephen Colbert is a huge James Bond fan, but he has one bone to pick with Daniel Craig and the franchise in general: How is it that Bond manages to immediately destroy every beautiful car he gets his hands on?
In a taped sketch from Wednesday’s Late Show, Craig and Colbert addressed that particular plot hole in a fictional sneak peek from Spectre (out Friday). When Craig-as-Bond bursts into Rental Co. to rent a new vehicle after trashing his last one, it’s with all the urgency of someone who has assassins chasing after him … which is actually the case. However, the rental car employee played by Colbert is not moved: “We all have things to do.”
Once Colbert pulls up Bond’s record, he feels compelled to point out that previous rentals had been smashed into buildings, driven out onto the water, and driven into Russian arms vehicles. Luckily, all that really matters in the rental car world is that you return your vehicle with a full tank of gas. Check out the sketch above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time