Stephen Colbert is a huge James Bond fan, but he has one bone to pick with Daniel Craig and the franchise in general: How is it that Bond manages to immediately destroy every beautiful car he gets his hands on?
In a taped sketch from Wednesday’s Late Show, Craig and Colbert addressed that particular plot hole in a fictional sneak peek from Spectre (out Friday). When Craig-as-Bond bursts into Rental Co. to rent a new vehicle after trashing his last one, it’s with all the urgency of someone who has assassins chasing after him … which is actually the case. However, the rental car employee played by Colbert is not moved: “We all have things to do.”
Once Colbert pulls up Bond’s record, he feels compelled to point out that previous rentals had been smashed into buildings, driven out onto the water, and driven into Russian arms vehicles. Luckily, all that really matters in the rental car world is that you return your vehicle with a full tank of gas. Check out the sketch above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out