Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has earned the attention of one of Hollwood’s most famous women by choosing to appoint women to half the positions in his Cabinet.
Emma Watson took to Twitter Thursday to praise the newly elected Prime Minister, whose cabinet comments have earned the support of women everywhere.
The Harry Potter star tweeted a video of Trudeau being asked why it was a priority to have a gender balanced cabinet. To which he answers, quite frankly: “Because it’s 2015.”
Watson’s known for her work on feminism, sexism and gender rights, working on HeForShe, a campaign she launched for the U.S. last year.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out