This article has been enhanced with interactive sound clips. To hear the radio commercial, click the phrase highlighted in red.
Ben Carson has found what he thinks will be a winning way to get his message out to young black voters: rap to them.
content=the 60 second rap by the rapper Aspiring Mogul contains bits of Carson speaking throughout.
“Heal (vote, vote)/ Inspire (vote, vote) / Revive (vote, vote)/ Ben Carson 2016, vote and support Ben Carson, for our next president, it’d be awesome,” Aspiring Mogul raps.
“Freedom is not free and we must fight for it every day. Every one of us must fight for us because we are fighting for our children and the next generation,” Carson says, mixed in with the rap.
The campaign said the ad is targeted towards young, black voters: “Reaching them on a level they appreciate and follow and see if we can attract their consciousness about the election,” Campaign spokesman Doug Watts told ABC News. “They need to get involved and express their voice through their vote.”
The $150,000 radio ad buy to air Friday in eight markets, ABC reports.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy