This article has been enhanced with interactive sound clips. To hear the radio commercial, click the phrase highlighted in red.
Ben Carson has found what he thinks will be a winning way to get his message out to young black voters: rap to them.
content=the 60 second rap by the rapper Aspiring Mogul contains bits of Carson speaking throughout.
“Heal (vote, vote)/ Inspire (vote, vote) / Revive (vote, vote)/ Ben Carson 2016, vote and support Ben Carson, for our next president, it’d be awesome,” Aspiring Mogul raps.
“Freedom is not free and we must fight for it every day. Every one of us must fight for us because we are fighting for our children and the next generation,” Carson says, mixed in with the rap.
The campaign said the ad is targeted towards young, black voters: “Reaching them on a level they appreciate and follow and see if we can attract their consciousness about the election,” Campaign spokesman Doug Watts told ABC News. “They need to get involved and express their voice through their vote.”
The $150,000 radio ad buy to air Friday in eight markets, ABC reports.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022