Confirming Schumer’s recent comments to Entertainment Weekly that the script, in which the real-life friends play sisters, is “funny,” “dirty” and “real,” Lawrence told Entertainment Tonight, “Yep! It’s all of those things.”
The Oscar winner, who’s currently in Berlin promoting Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2, added that, “Amy, in this movie, she has it very together. It’s her lifelong dream to be a flight attendant. She works at the airport.”
As for Lawrence, her character seems to have more in common with Schumer’s Trainwreck alter ego. “I’m a MESS,” Lawrence jokes of her role.
Schumer’s summer blockbuster actually convinced Lawrence that the two would be friends. “I watched Trainwreck and I was like, ‘Yep, we’re made for each other,’ ” she says.
“I reached out and everything just happened so quickly,” Lawrence continued. “We both have very similar senses of humor, obviously and aren’t afraid, which is a good and bad thing, because I don’t know what our movie will be rated. And we’re both very blunt. So we’ve gotten through a really strenuous process without ever fighting, because we’re both very straightforward.”
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future