Four siblings in Newborn, Ga. were orphaned on Halloween night, but a concerned police officer didn’t have the heart to break the news to them that evening, according to PEOPLE.com.
Donald and Crystal Howard died in a car crash that day and Georgia State Trooper Nathan Bradley was tasked with sharing the tragic news with the children. “I thought, ‘Man, their Halloween is just going to be destroyed tonight,'” Bradley told PEOPLE.
Instead, he treated the kids to a night watching movies and eating candy at a local patrol post and saved the news for the next day.
Read more at PEOPLE.com.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color