Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has chosen to appoint women to half the positions in his Cabinet.
Why did he do it? “Because it’s 2015,” the new PM said, according to NBC News.
His female half of the 30 minister Cabinet includes Jane Philpott, the Health Minister; Jody Wilson-Raybould, the Justice Minister and Attorney General; and Catherine McKenna, who was appointed Environment and Climate Change Minister, the network reports. CBC News has a full list of the Cabinet ministers here.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State