A Vermont-based group of Bernie Sanders supporters is selling underwear with his face on it.
After a Saturday Night Live sketch mocked Sanders as the kind of person who has “one pair of underwear,” the group from Montpelier was inspired to make underwear with his face and the unofficial campaign slogan “Feel the Bern” stamped on the back.
The briefs are available online for $15 per pair. There are male and female versions and the underwear are individually silk-screened locally, with 10 percent of the proceeds going to the Yellow Ribbon Fund, a charity for injured service members, according to USA Today.
Orders from across the country are coming in from across the country, according to the group that makes them, with most of the orders coming from the Northeast, where Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton is battling Sanders in the New Hampshire primary.
Sanders embraced the underwear, telling local station WCAX on Tuesday, “it cracks me up, it’s unbelievable, cracks me up. I guess we have Bernie underwear now.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time