Incoming Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was expected to join an elite global club Wednesday by appointing women to 50 percent of his Cabinet positions.
The self-proclaimed feminist promised that his governmental inner circle would be gender-equal while campaigning. After initially trailing in the polls, Trudeau defeated incumbent Conservative Stephen Harper last month. His government was set to be sworn-in Wednesday.
The appointment of a gender-equal Cabinet would mean Canada enjoying than double the female representation of the United States; women make up just 25 percent of Washington’s Cabinet of 16.
“Canada has never really had a gender-parity moment before…
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization