By now, you must have watched Adele’s “Hello” video a thousand times, but we invite you to watch it once more — this time, narrated by Sir David Attenborough.
BBC Radio 1 invited the legendary nature documentary broadcaster to narrate the beginning of Adele’s wildly popular video. At first, he’s skeptical. “Really?” he asks. “Won’t Adele be cross with me?” But soon, he agrees to give it a go. And the result is priceless.
“Battling against strong winds and the weight of expectation, she’s convinced that now is her time to strike,” Attenborough says in his signature voice. “She, like all pop stars, needs to hunt to survive. But there’s a problem. The signal is poor and she hasn’t upgraded her handset since 1999. Hashtag flip phone.”
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma