After Jeb Bush put on a weak performance in the third Republican debate, Donald Trump called on the erstwhile establishment favorite to end his campaign.
“Look, Jeb is a nice guy. He’s a stiff, okay? He’s a nice guy. He doesn’t have a chance, alright. He ought to do what Walker did,” Trump told ABC Tuesday. “Jeb is not a man that’s going to make it. He’s wasting his time, he’s wasting a lot of money.”
Bush is in the midst of a reset of his campaign, unrolling a new slogan “Jeb Can Fix It” and attempting to come bounce back from his slide in the polls, and hitting Trump in the process. “You can’t just tell Congress… ‘You’re Fired’… and go to a commercial break,” Bush said at a campaign stop in Florida Monday.
Trump, meanwhile, has dropped to second behind Ben Carson in some national polls after more than 100 days at the top of the Republican pack.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tessa Berenson at tessa.Rogers@time.com