President Barack Obama has expressed his amusement over the GOP presidential candidates’ discontent with last week’s CNBC debate.
“They say, ‘When I talk to Putin, he’s going to straighten out,’” Obama said while speaking at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in New York City on Monday. “And then it turns out they can’t handle a bunch of CNBC moderators.” His remarks were reported by the Hollywood Reporter.
“I mean, let me tell ya … if you can’t handle those guys, you know then I don’t think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you.”
Since last week’s debate in Boulder, Colo., the GOP has criticized CNBC for what candidates and party operatives saw as aggressive and politically biased questioning. The party has since suspended its debate partnership with the network’s owner, NBC.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space