President Barack Obama has expressed his amusement over the GOP presidential candidates’ discontent with last week’s CNBC debate.
“They say, ‘When I talk to Putin, he’s going to straighten out,’” Obama said while speaking at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser in New York City on Monday. “And then it turns out they can’t handle a bunch of CNBC moderators.” His remarks were reported by the Hollywood Reporter.
“I mean, let me tell ya … if you can’t handle those guys, you know then I don’t think the Chinese and the Russians are going to be too worried about you.”
Since last week’s debate in Boulder, Colo., the GOP has criticized CNBC for what candidates and party operatives saw as aggressive and politically biased questioning. The party has since suspended its debate partnership with the network’s owner, NBC.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State