Wreckage found at the bottom of the ocean over the weekend is the sunken cargo ship El Faro, the National Transportation Safety Board confirmed Monday.
The wreckage was found Saturday in 15,000 feet of water east of the Bahamas.
The 790-foot ship went missing on Oct. 1 during Hurricane Joaquin as it was making a trip from Jacksonville, Florida, to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
All 33 crewmembers on board were lost.
The NTSB said Monday that crews would continue to survey the area. Authorities have said that their goal was to locate the…
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State