On his 60th birthday, John Maultsby of Las Vegas took a gamble and vowed to run a marathon in all 50 states. This past weekend, Maultsby, now 73, finished his 50th at the Anthem Manchester City Marathon in Manchester, New Hampshire, when he clocked in at 4 hours, 9 minutes, 15 seconds, the Associated Press reports. He has run seven marathons just this year, according to WMUR9.
Other senior runners who have made headlines include Harriette Thompson, a 92-year-old woman who was called the oldest woman to finish a marathon last summer, while Fauja Singh, 104, has been called the world’s oldest marathon runner.
Read More: Meet the New World’s Oldest Person
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism