While it is well-documented on Instagram that comedian Amy Schumer is friends with Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence, most stargazers probably didn’t know that the funny-woman and singer Selena Gomez also “love” each other. At the Hollywood Film Awards Sunday night, the pop artist sang the Comedy Central star’s praises as Schumer accepted the Hollywood Comedy Award for her 2015 movie Trainwreck.
Gomez thanked the funny-woman for “inspiring me not to take myself too seriously when I’ve sat on my couch endlessly, kind of depressed about certain things. You’ve constantly made me feel like I’m a bad-a** even though most of the time I’m not.”
She added, “I’m really happy that clearly Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t able to do this tonight, because I love you!” Schumer, on Instagram, said she “loved” Gomez back and called her an “angel.”
No word on whether these comments have sparked a contest to see who can be a better friend to Schumer — “J-Law” or Gomez. Now that would make a good Inside Amy Schumer sketch!
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy